Okay, so. Have a proper post-Christmas update, plus random thoughts. In bullet format!
* I don't do a Christmas Haul List these days, because I'm lazy and I don't think you guys care that much, so here are the highlights that might actually be interesting:
Series one and four of Doctor Who
! Amazon had a one-day sale like a month ago where the seasons were something like thirty-five bucks each, which is much better than usual freaking eighty or whatever ridiculous amount every single place I've been to charges for them. I let my mom know, told her which ones I wanted most, and voila. I may buy series three for myself out of completist urges (and because it's also awesome, but on that particular day I prioritized Nine and Donna over Martha; sorry, Martha), but I'll skip series two unless I find it really really cheap someday, because there aren't enough eps I rewatch relatively often for it to be worth the money.
calendar. Which only sotto_voice
cares about, but still. XD
ELECTRIC TEA KETTLE. These things are not exactly ubiquitous in the States, and I've wanted one for so long. Plan for when I have extra money again: buy lots of delicious tea. ♥
* My mom kind of collects performances of "O Holy Night," so I played her the John Barrowman version I stumbled across a while ago. She loved it, was interested when I told her he was a trained stage singer and there was more Barrowman where that came from (oh my god SHE HAS NO IDEA), and long story short
, it looks like I'll be legally purchasing a copy of Another Side
after all. And probably Reflections from Broadway
. She has a birthday next month, after all.
And, thanks to comments Mom made about useful birthday gifts and the boringness thereof, I think I will pack them in a box of tampons. I firmly believe Barrowman would approve. (Come on, you know he would.)
* One of our holiday traditions includes watching Love, Actually
while wrapping gifts late Christmas Eve. I will have to add this to the list (short, but slowly growing) of things that The Thick of It
has, uh, enhanced, because during the scene at the pageant where the curtain rises on the Prime Minister kissing the assistant chick, I was giggling helplessly at the thought of the bricks Malcolm Tucker would shit over that
. I think this is a crossover that needs to happen.
* YULETIDE. My recipient adored hir fic and was one of those able to get a comment through before everything asplode, and it was a long awesome comment and I can't wait for the reveal so I can reply. XD The fic I received
was an adorable Sam-centered iCarly
fic, which was just what I wanted. It is a fandom crying out for non-shippy Samfic.
* And finally, regarding last night's Doctor Who
: My first though upon becoming conscious enough to have thoughts this morning was, "Oh my god, what did I watch last night?"